Wednesday, January 24, 2018

what's up Wednesday


Since I was (am) still low on strength and energy,
we didn't finish 
everything on our list
over the weekend,
but we did finish what we needed to 
in Brandon's room.
Bed switch-a-roos were made on Sunday
and now all 5 of the younguns
are sleeping in the new house.

We should be able to join them in about 2 weeks.

~

On Moday
I got to spend about 15 minutes 
playing with my friend's new longarm.

Someday,
I will own one.

~

Yesterday,
I pieced this little beauty.


I'm not sure yet what I'll do with it.

I'll either put it in the shop
or donate it.

color is more accurate in this picture

I'm hoping to do some more quilting today.
(without seam ripping...)

My machine is getting crankier again.
I'm thankful I was able to finish Sojourner
without too much trouble!
Sadly,
it'll need to go back in the shop
before I can attempt to quilt my next 'important' quilt.

sigh.

~

Josiah has been playing the cajon
with the youth praise team.

The only instruction he's recieved
has been from Brandon,
who is not a percussionist.

Our music minister has found a man, 
who is a percussionist,
who is willing to give Josiah lessons.

He starts Sunday.

~

I read a few books on my Kindle 
while I was sick.
My favorite of them was The Short Drop
by Matthew Fitzsimmons.

Pretty much all of my kindle books
were either free 
or purchased for a dollar,
but now I've read them all
(all of the fiction, that is - I have a few non-fiction still,
but who wants to read about Keto and simplifying your life
when you can barely hold your head up?)
so I'm going to have to either buy a few,
or figure out how to borrow them.

Know of any good, cheap e-books??



2 comments:

  1. I check out books from the library right on to my kindle-- and I don't even go to the library. Our library uses My Media Mall. You might want to go to your library's website and see if they have the same thing or something similar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure there is a way to borrow from my library too! I just haven't been able to figure it out yet : /

      Delete

You're leaving me a comment?? Oh goody! I love comments :-)